Honeywell’s 5800PIR-RES Wireless Motion Detector is a high-performance, easy-to-install sensor featuring a sleek, compact design that is ideal for applications where aesthetics or discretion are critical. Installation is easy, with no jumpers, switches or disassembly, fewer mounting restrictions and an automatic walk test mode that turns on the walk test LED for ten minutes-saving installers trips up the ladder. Other notable optional features include fewer service calls thanks to a long-life battery and empty cases which allow designers and end-users to custom-paint the motion detectors to match any residential or commercial setting. The 5800PIR-RES blends perfectly with all of the 5800 Series family of sensors for a seamless look.
- Range – 35’ x 40’ (11 m x 12 m) pattern
- 80 lbs (36 Kg) of animal immunity
- Faster and Easier to Install
- – Automatic walk test
- – No DIP switches/jumpers
- – No mounting height adjustments to play with
- – PCB does not need to be removed to install on wall
- – Ceiling and wall mounting brackets help to easily direct the pattern where needed
- – 7′-9′ mounting height means less restrictions than current offerings (6.5′-7.5′)
- – Easy opening case
- – Covered PCB means less installer initiated damage
Specific features that contribute to this benefit include:
- Fewer Service Calls
- – Automatic walk test means not forgetting to turn off LED
- – Longer battery life
- – End-user replaceable batteries
- – Black bug guard means 15% fewer false alarms due to bright lights directed into the PIR
Incorrect installation of equipment or changing requirements of the site (new pets) is no longer a problem
- Smaller/Better with a Family Look
The new PIRs are 50% smaller. Also, dealers can install one family look whether they use hardwired, V-Plex or wireless in order to complete the job. In addition, if the dealers need to mix and match technologies, the look of the installation is consistent.
- Less Costly Maintenance
Only one battery to replace.